Friday, January 7, 2011

Welcome 2011-Sorry it took me a while to get excited

Last week when the new year officially started, I wasn't too thrilled. I had been sick over the whole Christmas/New Year week (and I still am, but I am better) and I was tired of being sick. The combination of coughing all night long and peeing all night long is not a pretty one. And hoping that you won't pee while you cough is not too sexy either. Maybe that was too much information, but that's the reality. I felt like energy was getting sucked out of me each day. I had been looking forward to the Christmas time and relaxing with my family and I just felt like I was too exhausted to even enjoy this time with them.

Now two weeks after the start of my sickness, I am feeling better and I am getting excited about this new year. This year I will see more of Troy since he is done with school. I will get to be home at night since I will only work every now and then. I will get to wake up every few hours to nurse a newborn. I will get to potty train Saku at some point. I hope to spend more time with our dear friends. And here for the sake of having a list, I am listing some of my "hopes, dreams and goals for this fabulous year of 2011".

Things I want to DO
deliver a baby (gotta have something you can check off from your list for sure)
deliver the baby without any medications
start running as soon as possible after the delivery (and lose the baby weight)
run a half marathon and beat my last time
read more books (I'm thinking 1-2 per month)
attend the ward book club (because I have never been to one and I want get to know more people)
Take a Spanish class (because I have way too many patient's who don't speak English or Finnish)

Things I want to BE
more consistent visiting teacher
more loving wife
more spontaneous and adventurous
more service oriented
more organized
more willing to forgive and forget
more competent nurse

What I need/want to CHANGE
don't want to envy other people
the way I dress
the way I respond to spending money
the way I worry about my weight (maybe I should get rid of the scale)

Where I want to GO
more dates
Paris
Finland for an extended time in the spring
take Troy to the Alps for a ski trip
more camping trips
more family outings

This may seem like many goals, but some of them are easy to do and some of them are things that I will have to work on every day.

On another note, I am 37 weeks tomorrow. I am less uncomfortable that I have been for weeks. I am not quite ready for the baby girl to show up since I am still a sick one, but I am so excited to meet her. Just in the last few days, I have noticed that my love for her has just exploded and I haven't even met her. She is still a little nameless child. I loved Saku's name from the start and haven't fallen in love with any girl name.

3 comments:

Nathan, Bethany, Noah, and Porter said...

I hear you on the name thing. I love Noah's name, but nothing seems quite right for the little one on the way. Good luck with finding a name and having the baby. I hope you feel better really soon.

Camille said...

I love your categories. I like how you're trying to make yourself better by adding some qualities and getting rid of others. More dates sound good to, especially to Paris and the Alps! I know you can do this birth without medication--you are so strong!

Suzanna said...

I can't believe she's almost here! I remember reading the post when you announced you were pregnant and thinking how far away January seemed, but here it is! How exciting!
I hope you can accomplish some of your goals this year and that overall you have a great year no matter what you may or may not be able to check off that list. :)