Sunday, June 12, 2011

Too Busy, Really?


For a while now, I have thought to myself and verbalized out loud "how busy I am" or "there is no time for...". This is true. I have two little kids and 99% of their wake time, I am holding, feeding, changing diapers, disciplining or just simply playing with them.

But I also have noticed that I waste time. When I don't have enough time to start a big project or I am not sure if I have long enough to take a nap or start cleaning, I sit in front of my computer and spend many short sessions on facebook and blogs.

I don't think it's bad necessarily because I am aware of what my friends are doing. I can offer them support and love via internet and it satisfies my curiosity of what is going on with other people. Yes I am very curious.

Yet, I decided to make June a Facebook free month. For 11 days now, I have not logged in and seen the newsfeed. Part of me misses it and part of me feels very liberated. Sometimes it is good to not know so much about what everyone else is doing and focus on what I am and should be doing.

Instead of mindless reading of Facebook

We have woken up at 4 am or 5 am (due to jet lag) and gone to the park. It has been wonderful to have Saku run outside for an hour and a half (at 5:30 am) before it gets too hot


I have actively watched Saku and Eerika play while making sure that Eerika stays alive in Saku's hands.




I have gone to sleep early so I feel awake enough to go running at 6 am.

I even unpacked and sort of organized my house after being gone for five weeks.

And honestly, I feel like I have been happier for being in charge of the time I have for myself and using it little more wisely.

Though I am excited to see what July 1st brings when I wake up and do my morning routine of email and Facebook.

How well do you spend your time?

2 comments:

Jesse and Camry said...

Well I think that is great! You will be amazed at how much is really in your life to do when you don't have a computer. At least I am always amazed! And I'm not even on the computer much anyhow.

Oh, p.s. I am so glad you're home! I love you!

Brittany Cornett said...

yea i always complain i dont have any me time and then when i do get a chance im watching a show or looking at the computer. hope all is well i love reading about your goals you motivate me to make some too!