Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Monday

Mondays can be so blah. I know there are people who embrace the chance to start a new week, but I usually wish that we could have few more Saturday and Sundays so Troy would be home with us. I just really enjoy my husband and obviously parenting is easier when there are two of us to take care of the kids and entertain them.

However, yesterday was great. Saku had slept in his big boy bed and we woke up to his noises in the kitchen. When Troy walked there, Saku was cutting my coupon inserts with scissors. And he was really excited since he obviously doesn't get to play with scissors unsupervised.


The kids played happily while I cleaned the kitchen after breakfast.

Saku showing me where he got hurt. He is slightly (read: extremely) sensitive child.


Heather and the kids came over in the morning. James and Saku have a rough time playing together, but yesterday, they had a great time. It was such a relief since I love Heather. She is my first friend here in Tucson and our friendship has truly made my life better. She is one seriously busy mom with James (3 years) and Ella and Julia (16 months). Our play dates are busy with five kids three years old and under.

The boys worked on puzzles for a while.


While the girls chilled on the floor. Eerika sits well on her own now.

Every once in a while she does fall back so a pillow is always a good thing to have behind her.
Look at those cheeks!

I think Eerika was happy to have Ella and Julia there. While the girls are a lot more advanced than she is, they would sit around with her and play with toys.

Beautiful Heather with two unhappy(at the time) girls


In the evening, Alia, Brian and Cameron came over for dinner and FHE. Cameron and Saku play really well together, which makes it a lot more relaxing time for everyone. For dinner, I tried out a new recipe called "Pollo Asado" by the pioneer woman and I must say that it was delicious. Alia provided a great lesson on obedience. Saku actually listened. I think he was happy to have a different type of lesson than what we usually do. We had bought two small chairs from DI and we call them our "FHE chairs". I'm hoping that Saku will learn to sit quietly and listen for a short periods of time this way.


Alia read book about Noah and Saku enjoyed pointing out the different animals. Cameron was distracted by Saku's car book. But at least everyone was content:)


It was a great way to start the new week--I also did a great work out during the kids' nap time so I was all around a happy woman by the end of the night.

No comments: