Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One Day We Will Actually Have a Fall Day

We were hoping to enjoy a fun fall day at a farm forty minutes away from Tucson. The temperature was around 95 degrees that day and there wasn't very much shade, so we did not really feel like we were celebrating the fall. However, we had a good time. We just let Saku run around and enjoy the outdoors. I carried Eerika in the baby bjorn most of the day while letting her get down and dirty every once in a while.

Alia, Brian and their boys came with us as well. We did a pumpkin patch trip three years ago before we had any kids. Oh how quickly life changes. Now we both have two kids!

You gotta love this stage when the babies get mobile and eat so much dirt!

While the boys enjoyed the petting zoo, they also enjoyed chewing/sucking their fingers. Seriously disgusting!

Our little family at the pumpkin patch. We took a little hayride there and Saku was excited about "the farmer" who rode the tractor there. We carved the pumpkin and it got moldy within three days, so I am not sure if it was worth the investment of six dollars.

The wonderful thing about kids is that they dont mind the heat. So Saku was in heaven the whole time there. And because we just wanted him to have a good time, we had a good time as well. I have learned to not have my own agenda when we are doing things with the kids and then everyone seems to have a good time.


These two boys just melt my heart. They are loud and crazy together. Just what boys are supposed to be. While Saku is little more on the wild side, I have to say that Cameron might be louder. I didn't think I would ever say that.

We didn't go there quite as prepared as we should have. Since it was such a hot day, we were so thirsty and drank all of our water very quickly. Ironically, I was proud of the fact that we brought delicious sandwiches as lunch...and then Alia informed us that there was a sign that said "no outside food". We ended up eating them anyway and bought some snow cones. My first snow cone ever. So if nothing else, our trip will always be remembered as the first time I had a snow cone.

1 comment:

anitamombanita said...

Fun. I love the last photo of the two little boys. Hard to think of snow cones here today...it was 24 this morning and hasn't warmed up much above freezing even now. brrr.