Monday, November 21, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

I feel like we have been living a full life lately. Let me explain what I mean by this. It has been busy, it has been exhausting, but it has been good. I try to take a tons of pictures of the every day events and I just don't have time to blog about them.

So here some of our favorite things lately.

Eerika loves me. I mean she LOVES me. I worked Saturday night and before I came home on Sunday morning, Troy said that she kept crawling to our bedroom and looking for me. This is Eerika's standard face. She is a happy girl. Oh so happy and silly. But she is not a smiley baby. She gives you big, open mouth "I like you" faces.


We finally drove up north and played with Lili, Lois and Simon for few hours. I am not exaggerating when I say that it was few hours of almost pure bliss for me. Lois and Saku played without any fighting. Does that even happen? Eerika loved playing with new toys and climbing on the furniture and stairs. Eerika was roughing Simon up and we got some cute pictures of them. Lili and I caught up about our lives, ate delicious soup and I left happy. Saku told me "I want more Lois" as we drove home.


Saku is such a skinny dude that I pretty much let him eat whatever. Calories are calories in my book. Most of the days, we eat oatmeal, eggs, cheese, apple sauce and other healthy things. Saku even likes salmon and trout. Then there are times, when we go to McDonald's and get the cheese burger. Or I give him a good chunk of brownie. Again, calories are calories.

And every once in a blue moon, the kids like to snack on peas and carrots.

Eerika has started the "let me drop my food on to the floor" game. I strongly dislike picking up bananas from the floor; especially when they are mushy bananas that she has played with and slobbered on.
As I am de-cluttering and putting away baby toys, I remember how much kids love playing with baby toys. I mean after they have outgrown the suggested age for the toy.


Everyone raves about the fact how fun it is to dress girls up. I agree, but Eerika doesn't get that dressed up often. She is in that stage where her clothes are always dirty from crawling outside, and eating. So we often go through few outfits each day.

On our last outing, I thought she looked so fun with her leggings, skirt and a jacket. I love when I dress her in something other than just pink. Anyone else feel this way? Baby girl clothes are just so pink-too pink- at times.

We love when we get to hang out with our favorite people. The kids get to go to the zoo so much that they barely look at the animals but we still have fun. Haley and Camille were great sports as we tried to keep up with Saku as he zoomed through the zoo.

Eerika has officially stopped being a little baby and she has become a big baby girl. Her new trick is to but walkie talkies on her ears and pretend to talk to them. Troy made a comment how she has really changed in the past month. She has become a clever little girl.

And she can take few steps now. New record is 10 steps! She took her first steps on 11/18/11 but she doesnt seem that interested in walking.

One thing hasn't changed: she is such a beauty.

Saku likes to do things independently and be involved in everything. And when it is possible, it is fun to let him do things "on his own". Troy and Saku made a scrambled egg together yesterday.

While Troy was gone, I would take the kids out for an evening walk. It served two purposes: the kids liked being outside and watching the Halloween lights and it killed some time between dinner and bed time. Those two hours can sometimes feel like an eternity. Troy is now back home, but we have started to go on "night hikes" in the evening. Few houses have Christmas lights on and the kids love them.



1 comment:

Lilianne said...

YAY! I'm so glad you came to hang out. Let's definitely do that again!! I did find it absolutely miraculous that our kids played so well together. So glad you had a wonderful weekend alone to get reenergized! I think you needed it after 2 weeks on your own. Love ya, Eev!!