Dear Eerika
I had a dear friend in high school whose AIM screen name (you will never experience the magic of aol's instant messaging) was Sugar and Spice. You are sugar and spice. One moment, I tell you that I love you and you respond by giving kisses, which is a darling new development over the past weekend. And then I get startled as you scratch my face just seconds later.
You already know how to throw a great temper tantrum. You stomp in place and yell after you get denied a toy, treat or whatever it was that your heart desired. At grandma's house, I gave you a tricycle to play with, instead of the car that Saku was in, and you looked at it and pushed it hard enough to make it fall over. I am glad that I shared this moment with grandma because it was just too hilarious to witness on my own.
We went to the doctor for your one year appointment and you are growing beautifully. You are just over 20 pounds, which puts you in the 30th percentile and 30.8 inches tall, which puts on the 91st percentile curve. You did not enjoy the doctor's visit and unfortunately, the nurse was really slow with the shots so you kept crying for a quite a while. Next time, I will make sure that they don't take their sweet time while poking you multiple times.
We spent two nights at grandma and grandpa's as isi went to ski in Utah. You made grandma's weekend as you walked over to her and cuddled her. And let grandpa hug you without any protesting. I was happy that someone else got to see your sweet side and get a share of your love.
You just learned to sign "book" and when I asked you "missa kakka on?" (where is poo) after I suspected that you were stinky, you pointed to your diaper. You are a bright little girl. You still get comments about being a "cute boy" or "he is so cute", but I think you are absolutely girly and beautiful. Maybe it is the blue Sketchers that people focus on. I am sorry for not buying you pink ones and I am not sure that I will until you are the next size up.
I spend my Sundays in the hallway at church because you are just too busy. You love to run in the long hallways and people admire your agility. You know how to walk backwards and love to turn in circles when we play music or sing.
Eerika, I think you will absolutely rock our lives and take us on a quite the roller coaster ride as you get older. But I can assure you that I am thrilled to be your mother.
Love,
äiti


1 comment:
What a little bundle of joy. I love your photos.
Thanks for the card...I thought it was super cute!!
Happy Valentine's Day
Post a Comment