Saku: "you are nice. You take good care of me" as we walk downstairs to get one last sip of drink before going to bed.
Saku: "äiti, can you help? the trains are frustrating me"
Saku: "there are more nightmares"
Saku: "Eerika's kisses are not nice"
me: "why not?"
Saku: "they are wet"
Me: "Saku, you are going to Trevor's house today"
Saku: "YES! Trevor is a boy big and Saku is a big boy"
Saku: "who is Eerika going to play with?" as in she isn't a big boy and can't play with Trevor
Saku: "I want to make a deal." at 3 am when he wants some apple juice. No deal was made at that time.
No words from Eerika but she is starting to imitate animal sounds. While she isn't consistent with them, she has made the sounds for dog (though it is a silent bark like Saku's was at this age), cat, owl and a cow. And she sometimes pinches her nose to let you know that she is stinky. And she is so much fun...if she isn't scratching you!
Today Troy got his first dose of morphine. He is hospitalized to figure out why he has an abscess in his lung. He has been sick for a week and I am tired. I miss him. I really miss him.
The book-mobile came today but we were too busy to go to the ED to enjoy it.
Also Camille watched the kids while I was with Troy at the hospital and Eerika didn't cry at all. That is a first. Eerika was perfectly content while Camille held her even when I was there. I love it.
I signed up to run the Utah Valley Marathon in June. I should be running right now as the kids are asleep but I am emotionally too drained. I know it is sort of pathetic but I just needed to write down things and take a night off from doing anything.
2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about Troy. I hope he gets better soon. I wish there was something I could do. Please let me know!
Keeping Troy (and you) in my prayers. Hope he's 100% soon! Sending love and good thoughts your way.
Post a Comment