I have been feeling down. I have felt emotionally exhausted. I haven't felt like myself for the past week. I have been tired after 8-9 hours of sleep.
There are few possibilities for this situation
1. Life is hard. Life with young kids can be really hard.
2. I am training hard and maybe need to eat more nutritiously. Plus training can be stressful.
3. While Troy is recovering remarkably well, the past month hasn't been easy.
4. My new birth control
5. Working a night shift, even if only every once a while, adds to the craziness of life.
6. Life is hard.
Really, it probably is all of the above.
Today I am doing a lot better. You know what helped. I ended up canceling a girls night to see Hunger Games that was supposed to happen last night. Troy let me sleep six hours (!!) after my night shift while the kids had amazing time with their isi at the zoo. We had left overs for dinner. I ran for 1 hour and 15 minutes (around our block in the dark) but the pace was a lot slower than my usual pace. Troy and I spent a relaxing evening together.
So basically I let myself off the hook and didn't demand so much of myself.
And it was much needed.
| Thanks to Grandma, both of the kids sported festive St Patrick's day outfits last Saturday. |
3 comments:
yay! Glad you got what sounded like a much needed break!
You deserve a break! But seriously, canceling hunger games??? Are you crazy?
I'm glad you're doing better. I feel like training for a race is stressful for me too. And I've never attempted a marathon training plan! But it's a committment on the whole family's part and I think it affects us in more ways than we realize. Luckily, it will be SO worth it! It's good you let some other things go to take care of yourself. Maybe some things will have to take a backseat the next few months. I'm excited to see you soon!
Post a Comment