Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mister Saku

Lately I have so enjoyed my children. Each day as Troy asks me how the day was, I feel like I can honestly say that it was a great one. Yes, the kids screamed at each other. Yes there was fighting. Yes we probably had few time outs. But the overall rhythm and feeling of the days has been great. I feel very content. 

I want to review some of the things that Saku has learned and done lately. 

Saku has entered into this stage where he plays with his friends very well. For a while, I was nervous about having friends over because Saku would have a tantrum each time someone else touched his toy.  He was a great kid at other people's houses since it was all new toys and they weren't his. We have overcome that stage and most of the time, he happily plays with his friends. It is so nice. Of course, now it is my miss Eerika who takes away toys and throws tantrums. Such is the life with multiple kids

Saku is also very fond of his friends and gets very excited when I inform him that we will hang out with his friends. 

He loves swimming. We have already done multiple trips to our community pool and Saku loves to play in the water. He doesn't even care if it is a cold day. He just wants to swim. 

Saku stopped napping few months ago. However, in the past two weeks we have started to take naps every once in a while and I have to say that it is a glorious thing to have two kids napping at the same time. This isn't just for a selfish reason. Saku is a lot happier and obviously less tired, when he naps, by the time Troy gets home. So our evenings are much more enjoyable as a family. 

Saku loves to show us things and tell us things.  "Can I tell you something?" is a frequent phrase that we hear around here. It is used even more at night when he should be asleep. 

Yesterday he asked Troy if Troy could tell him about the website that Troy has been programming. His exact words were "can you tell me about the website"? And he patiently listened as Troy explained about it for a minute or so. 

Saku loves riding his tricycle. He is very fast. The hills around our neighborhood can make him tired and he has realized that he doesn't want to bike too far away from home because then he has to ride the same distance back.

No more tutti. It was a huge thing for us, yet it happened almost accidentally. One night, we just couldn't find his one tutti.We had refused to buy any more, so we either had the option of looking for it for hours or just deciding that tutti would be gone forever. He adjusted to it very quickly. Every now and then, he will put Eerika's tutti in his mouth and thinks that it is funny. 




Each morning the fact that isi has to go to work is a tragedy. One morning, Troy left to go to work without saying bye to Saku and he was so sad. So now Troy wakes him up, even if just very briefly, to say bye.

Saku is still emotional and very sensitive kid, but we have worked hard on using our words instead of crying and whining and we have made huge progress. I am proud of him.


No comments: