If I could bottle up an emotion and take a little sip of it each day when I'm feeling down, I would bottle up this moment.
I just finished a hard speed work out on the treadmill. I am soaked with sweat. I am taking a bite of home made bread while my kids are asleep. I am so content.
This morning when my alarm went off at 05:45, I didnt want to run because I knew that the work out was going to be hard. So I ended up cuddling Eerika while Troy tried to catch few more minutes of sleep.
*Eerika woke up so I didn't get a chance to finish the post. If that doesn't fit the reality of life, I dont know what does.
We took some pictures on Mother's Day. I think they perfectly show how motherhood is and can be.
The background for the pictures is my beautiful Marimekko comforter that I got from Troy for my birthday. Some Finnish style into our home.
| There is always a treasure up in someone's nose. |
| Sharing my Mother's Day lollypop. I didnt mind since I ate most of the chocolate myself. |
| Eerika has the cutest little ponytail that sticks right up. And I love the way she is looking at Saku. |
| I think my face captures the joy of being a mother. |
My life is not idyllic, but I am very content. Am I in pure bliss all the time? Ask Troy. He will say no. Or maybe he would say "yes" because he would be afraid to say "no". I feel like I have grown and evolved into a person that I like. At least I like myself on most days.
You know what I do when I need motivation to go and run hard. I hop on my bathtub and take a look at my legs in the mirror. They are strong and fit, and I know they will take me places. I don't need to envy the legs of some model. I might envy their breasts or skin (really, why do I still have to battle with pimples), but that is another story.
I am baking and cooking meals that are delicious. I am trying out new things; baking home made bread, making salad dressings. These are things that I was too afraid to try few years ago. I am testing cloth diapers on Eerika. Her bum looks adorable in that huge cloth diaper.
I am surrounded by wonderful people. I am still in the "making friends stage" with our new ward, but there are already people who genuinely look out for me and my family and friendship are growing. I am still blessed with the friendships that have carried me through the last years.
Honestly, I am very tired on most days because of my early morning runs. My hair is somewhat of a mess on most days. I need a hair cut so badly. Saku seems to be naked about every other hour and I need to remind him that we wear clothes. Eerika bites Saku multiple times a day and I haven't figured out a discipline method that works for her. I sweep my kitchen floor four times a day and there are always crumbs there. It doesn't make sense. Troy is working with the young men and he is gone more often than before.
My life is not perfect, but I am loving it.
3 comments:
Eevi, I love reading your posts even though I don't comment them often.
You life is good because you have aligned your life to support the principles you value the most.
This was a truly inspiring post! Thank you for sharing these things in your blog for everyone to read and be inspired:)
Great pictures. Look how happy everyone is (even through the sad faces you can tell they are so happy and just adore you!)Keep up the great work. I wish I could get motivated to get in shape like you!!!
Post a Comment