Saku: knock knock
Isi/äiti: who's there?
Saku: alligator
Isi/äiti: alligator who?
Saku: Billy
And Saku laughs like it is the most hilarious thing ever. And while he doesnt get the jokes yet, it is hilarious that he thinks that he is hilarious.
Several times a day, I hear Saku holler very loudly "äiti?!!!" and as I asked "what?", he answers "I love you". Yes it is pretty awesome.
Miss Eerika has learned two more words. She now refers to moms in books as "mamas" consistently and she also declares "minä" (I) when she wants something. This gives us a total word count of seven. She says "more" and "ball" even without signing them, "no" is used way too frequently and "go" and "kakka" used as needed. I know that she is learning slowly, but honestly I appreciate her communication so much as we are progressing at a slower pace than Saku did. However, her comprehension is so amazing and her ability to sit through big kid books assures me that she is doing just fine.
She will also tell me when she has pooped and she proudly says "kakka".
And I know you should never jinx these kind of things, but the kids have been rock stars about going to bed. Eerika wants two songs, a prayer and good night and she goes to bed without a peep and Saku gets a story, a prayer and the door stays open as long as he stays in his room. It has been so nice to just put them to bed and be done with it.
I have to say that Miss Eerika is the best little napper ever. Today she asked to go to sleep as we are eating lunch. I walked upstairs and told her that I would read two books to her. Half way through the second book, she said she just wanted to sleep, so I put her down. For whatever else we might struggle with, her napping is a huge blessing.
She is also very much of a girl of routine. When she wakes up in the morning, she wants food right away. And while we eat breakfast, she wants to read books. In the evening, after our frequent walks she asks for a bath, which is followed by books.
1 comment:
I have to add for memories that Eerika may not communicate much with her mouth, but has quite an extensive vocabulary with her hands. Far more than Saku ever did. She can say:
ASL - Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Food/Eat, Outside, Inside, Sleep, Dog, Cat, Bear, Tree, Bug, Cold, Hot, Ball, Stop, Go, Friend, Book, Boat, Read, Frog, Cracker, Marshmallow, Help, Day, Night, Thank you, Sky, Flower, More, Leaf, Jesus, Baby, Bike, Potty, Rain, Wind, Snow, Socks, Star, Milk, Cup, Bowl, Bird, Yes, No, Let's go, Hurt, Thirsty, Drink, Hungry, Please, Shower, Bath, Blanket, Play, I love you, Doll, Cry, Happy, Signing Time, Train
Her invention - Spider, Butterfly, Running/Jogging, Skiking (my roller skis)
There are other things she says that we just haven't figured out what they are yet. And I am sure that I missed some too.
Post a Comment