Today I told Troy that my new motto is "endure" when it comes to parenting. I do not mean it in a negative way or as in I don't enjoy parenting and can't wait for my kids to grow up. Not at all, I adore them, and I love them, but man, do they fight and make each other cry and drive me crazy.
Saku likes to boss Eerika around, she argues with her "no" and other noises and usually it ends up being that she hits/scratches/bites him. He wails and then she starts crying and I want to hide in a room and watch an episode of Downton Abby. And we repeat this few or many times a day, depending on the day.
And my darling children are so loud when they cry.
I wonder if Eerika was sent to us so she can protect Saku at school if anyone tries to bully him. She is a tough cookie and he just isn't.
But they also love each other and I truly believe that they are a huge blessing to each other.
And when they interact like this completely on their own, without any "kiss your sister etc", it is so rewarding.
As I spoke with my dad today, he said "and just think that when they are a bit older, you will have another little one". Such encouraging words!
They are such good kids, but bring your ear plugs if you come for a visit, right Starla!?




2 comments:
Eevi, is there an announcement in here somewhere?! ;) Love you
its so true, i think cameron and jackson interacting can either be the most obnoxious or the most rewarding thing to see as a mother.
Post a Comment