Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Rough Night and A Good Day


Rough Night

Saku woke up coughing around 11:30 pm and would not calm down for a long time. No details needed to remember how rough it got, but in the end, he was sleeping on our floor. At least his coughing didn't keep us up. 

Eerika woke up around 2 am and was beyond upset. I went to her room and rocked her for a bit. Then I left her room. She completely lost it. I went back and told her that I would sing her two songs and then I would put her back to bed. After I sang the songs, I asked if she was scared. She said "yes". I asked what she was scared of. She answered "dark". I asked if she wanted her door open. I left it wide open and the girl was just fine. I have a big girl in my hands when the issue of "darkness" comes up. 


Great Day

Breakfast with Miss Eerika. Lucky Charms was on the menu. 

Saku stayed home from Joy School because of utter exhaustion from last night's fair and his cough. He said he was  "way too sicky to go to school".  The kid never fails to use a flair of drama in his speech. 

We still went for a visiting teaching visit  at Rachael's and Saku cuddled me on my lap. I had a fabulous time talking to her.

All of us took a two hour nap. Actually Saku slept for 3.5 hours. He never takes a nap. Poor kid was not feeling very good. But it resulted in a lot of cuddling, lots of books and a nice evening walk. 

Äiti: "As soon as the toys are cleaned up, you guys can watch Super Why"
Saku:"I want to play. I dont want to watch TV"
Äiti:"Ok Saku, what do you want to play?"
Saku: "I want to cuddle you and read the Rescue book"

Apples are a lot more fun to eat when you pretend that they are my fingers and the kids are alligators. 

Both kids went to bed without a peep. Both kids wanted their doors open.

3.5 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill at 9 pm. 

Troy got home from mutual earlier than usual. 

I am very happy and content. What a blessing to have my family.

No comments: