Monday, May 20, 2013

My dear friend Camry is moving to Utah in a matter of days. The interesting thing about Camry and my friendship is that we barely even knew each other until I started to work and she watched Saku for me for few weeks. This woman took care of her little Lyla, who is two months older than Saku, and Saku and was still going to school at the time. She is quite the woman. Somehow around this time, I feel like we became very good friends very quickly. We could sit and chat for hours. 

We happened to have our #2 children around the same time and then she got ahead of me and had Ashley last August. 

We were very different in many ways. Camry is a modern day pioneer woman. She had chickens and goats in her backyard. She gardens. She cooks from scratch using tons of vegetables. She cloth diapers and she delivers her babies with midwives at home.  And she truly lives the lifestyle that she loves and I think it is so admirable. 



In the past year, we have not seen each other very much. I think it has been only about five times, which is pretty pathetic. However, the absolutely beautiful thing about my friendship with Camry is the fact that seriously months can go by and it does not seem like it at all.

No comments: