Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Last Hurrah!

For the past three or so years, we have done a monthly family home evening with four other families; the Cherrys, Gryglas, Ertels and Rowsers.  We were introduced to the other three families by Brian and Alia when they moved to Tucson five years ago. Over the years, we have become friends and we have watched as each family has grown.

While hosting a dinner for twenty or so people was stressful at times, I feel so blessed to have the chance to spend time with these fine families. And it sure was nice to show up to other people's houses and have a delicious meal without cooking or doing dishes as well:)
Steph, Alia, Cristy, Eevi and Kendra. 

All the kids showing off their cuteness. From left: Eerika, Saku, Maddy, Tyce, Ryan, Cameron, Jackson and Cade.
2nd row: Caleb and Kyler
3rd row: Leyla
Mister Dane is missing. Quite the total tally for each family. I think there were less than half the number when we first started to get together.

Some good looking and happy families!

Brandon, Brian, Troy, Mike and Joel
Since Brian and Alia and their boys moved away last week, May was our last chance to celebrate our friendships. It was a fun gathering with everyone. We swam, ate delicious food and chatted it up until it was time to put the kids to bed. 

I have a feeling that as the years go by, it will be more and more difficult to establish such great friendships as we have in our younger years as our kids are little and growing. I do hope that I am wrong though.

Thanks to Mike for these great pictures. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

those pictures really turned out so good! it makes me miss you guys so much.

Mimi said...

I was so surprised to see Christie Ertle in that picture! She is Mike's cousin and his sister's best friend. So glad you get to be around her and her cute family!