Since Eerika still naps, bed time has become a bit more challenging. She isn't quite ready for bed by 7:30 pm when we want to have the lights out for Saku. And at the moment, Saku's sleep is a priority with his long school days and his sensitive personality and need for sleep.
So on most nights, Eerika is up for a good hour after she goes to bed. She quietly rearranges things in their bedroom and ends up sleeping on the floor on most night. She prefers it over her on bed.
Tonight Saku is snoring and Eerika is up. She came downstairs once and then sort of weepily explained to me that "I dont want to sleep with a boy like Saku, I want to sleep in the same room with a cute girl like you". The girl does have the brain to try to use flattery to get her way.
Last night as we arrived home from Phoenix at 9:30, I just wanted everyone, including Troy and myself, to fall asleep as promptly as possible so I let her sleep on our floor and she was asleep within minutes. And I have no problem with her coming to our room in the middle of the night but I do want to have my "own time" before my bedtime at 10 pm and I don't want her to be up that late.
She has been such a champion about Saku's school schedule and the fact that I often transfer her from the bed to the carseat and she keeps sleeping so she gets an hour or an hour and a half nap.
Today was Saku's first full immersion day as we were out of town last week when the rest of the class started, when I asked how listening to Chinese all morning was he responded "tiring".
I am in heaven sleeping in my own bed after a week of camping. This belly was just too big to be comfortable with.
No comments:
Post a Comment