Dear Saku,
Last week has been your first official Fall Break from school. Today you said you wished that fall break would last forever. Then again, yesterday you said you missed your friends and you asked if I could give you some homework because you missed doing it. I think it shows how you are growing up and while you are loving the freedom of being home, you also miss some of the structure that school gives you.
You are loving coloring, drawing and writing notes now. While Eerika napped, you and I drew together. You will also independently go and just draw. You love being creative. You also love holding onto all of your creations, which makes it tricky as you produce multiple art pieces each day.
You are trying very hard at home to get "on leaves" as in be recognized for very good behavior. So you go and brush your teeth without being asked. And then you ask "would you put on above the leaves?" or "would you give me a gilly spot"? As you have helped me in the kitchen, you have said several times "I don't mind doing all the work".
When you were younger, bed time used to be such a hassle. Now you give us no hard time. You stay in bed and go to sleep without any issues. It is so refreshing as Eerika now tries her limits with bed time.
You say the most sincere and amazing prayers. Lately you have asked the "Holy Ghost to strengthen us".
We didn't bike much this summer because it is just too hot, but now that the weather has cooled down we have done evening walks and bike rides. You are so much stronger on your bike. It is very impressive.
You prefer "educational" shows such as Wild Kratts or Planet Earth to other shows. Most movies make you nervous as you don't like anything sad/scary/insert negative emotion.
You are very dependable for a five year old. Because I am so tired with your little brother in my belly, I have taken naps during the week you have been home. I can give you the iPad and tell you to watch one/two shows of a specified show and then come and wake me up and you do it. There is no sneaking of extra show time.
You are not too preoccupied with the arrival of your little brother but you do like to suggest names for him.
You like to check out cars and figure out their make and model.
You are reading smoothly, though you still doubt your ability to read. But when you are just reading because you happen to see words, it comes very easily to you.
The other day you ate three slices of pizza.
You still love using your imagination and playing pretend. And now that Eerika can do it with you, you guys sometimes disappear for long periods of time and have a great time together. I also get to come and be the zoo keeper or a little girl or dragon. It actually is very enjoyable to play with you as long as you don't tell me every 30 minutes "pretend that I am doing this".
I love you Saku. You are a big boy. Fortunately, you still love my hugs and kisses and snuggles as we read and play together.
You make me life so full of wonder and excitement.
1 comment:
Eevi,
I love following the development of Saku and Eerika. Thank you for writing your blog so we can feel a bit closer to all of you-
Greetings for Heathrow airport.
Sorry I missed our call today, but glad to keep with your lives.
Isi
Post a Comment