Today was a much needed rest. Yesterday I came down with a bad head cold, Eerika had a fever and Little Ninja had a rough night with a stuffed nose.
While I feel like I have had a good perspective and attitude about middle of the night awakenings, last night, probably due to my old state, I felt little despair. Things truly do look worse in the middle of the night in the dark. Poor Little Ninja was unhappy around 1 am and I couldn't get him to settle down. Troy came to my rescue and I was able to get some sleep.
After a nice long shower with Isi, Little Ninja felt much better and he had a great day of very little crying. I took a long nap while Eerika napped and Little Ninja napped in isi's arms. I went on a walk in the sunshine while pushing Little Ninja in the bassinet stroller and I felt my spirits lift up.
While I had a bit of a freak out about how hard it is to have a baby, yes I had forgotten and yes, most of the time Little Ninja is not very demanding. But little babies are demanding. Troy gave me some perspective and reminded me that I didn't have to take it all on myself and that he was on my team. He really has been so helpful with Little Ninja. We have a little arrangement where I take care of the night time wakefulness and he gets on duty at 5 am so I can get at least an hour of "care free" sleep.
Due to the rough night, we had apple pie for breakfast. Saku first didn't believe me when I said that was on the menu for breakfast.
Eerika wasn't too happy about the fact that she wasn't "allowed" to touch Little Ninja due to her fever. And for some reason, Saku asked to hold Little Ninja multiple times today.
We have to get a passport for Little Ninja for our trip in five weeks, so we took some passport pictures. We got very lucky to get such a cute picture of him as he still doesn't spend that much time with eyes open and definitely not looking straight at the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment