Sunday, August 13, 2017

When Little Moose became Miio Eemeli

Little Moose finally got his name. We chose to name him Miio Eemeli. We had thought of doing Olli or Tomi or Niklas but I just didn't love any of them. Then Troy mentioned Miio four three days after he was born and I felt that it was so right. 

Since family came to town on Wednesday night, Miio has had a rough time. Or maybe I am more conscious of it. 

Miio seemed to cry on and off all of Thursday. I felt like I tried everything possible. Finally after a Primary Presidency meeting and getting some gas drops, he seemed to settle down and took a long nap. Troy, Barb and the kids ran errands while I watched TV shows in bed. 

I didn't write down the blessing words and now I can't remember it at all. It is pretty sad but I have to remember that the blessing is for Miio and those promises will hold true whether I wrote them down or not. We had a mic issue as there was no microphone so people couldn't really hear the name well. 

Overall the blessing day was a bit stressful. EVen in the evening, I went for a walk with dad and Paula and Miio and he cried the entire time we walked. It was a bit hard to relax and enjoy the day as I was so self conscious of his crying. 

He wore the same outfit that Saku and Aleksi wore on their blessing day. Now as I am writing this down, it is crazy how much he has changed.

We kept the blessing day within the family. Kyle and Jen and the girls plus Grandma and Grandpa, Ukki and Mummi.

My family was very surprised by the name. I just love the name and often call him "Mighty Miio".




No comments: