Sunday, October 15, 2017

Miio at 5 months

I am writing this as Miio is four days shy of 5 months. Things seems so much more manageable. 

He has gotten over the habit of waking up 45 minutes after he goes to sleep. This is such a blessing. This way all the kids can be in bed before he wakes up and usually I can just feed him and he goes back to sleep. He is still up twice a night, but I am pretty sure he only woke up once at 3:45 last night. If this is true, it is the longest he has slept.






I kind of hate that I always start with the update on sleep, but I have to be honest to say what a huge impact that has on everything.

He wears size two diapers during the day and size three at night. We still have poop coming out on most mornings. So I have a pile of pajamas that I wash once a week since they need some extra TLC to get to stains out. 

He rolls over all the time now, which means he has started sleeping on his tummy. I think this has helped him sleep better. He has a cold and still slept okay last night so I am hoping that once the cold is done, he will sleep better and better. 

He will roll over when he is laying on the ground  and "playing" . He doesnt love being on his tummy for extended period of time, though.  And he will also move around in circles as he moves his little body around. 

Miio eats every four hours or so. Sometimes I get a bit more flexible about it depending on the activities of the day. He is still nursing exclusively except for the one bottle of formula I tried last month.

He definitely likes me the best. He also likes it when Eerika rolls her "R"s.  He is very good at dealing with Aleksi's bugging. 

He takes three naps a day. He falls asleep so easily in his car seat with white noise. Makes our life so much easier. He also falls asleep on his for his naps. If he is super overtired and fussing a lot, I might nurse him to sleep to help him go down but this happens only once in a while. 

He takes tutti and loves to grind his gums on it. He can now also put it into his mouth, especially with the little elephant attached to it. Sometimes we can see him trying to get the tutti in his mouth by wiggling himself around the crib. 

He drools a lot, but for once, I am good at putting bibs on him. 

He is ticklish. He gives huge smiles when I kiss his neck or pretend to eat him. 

He likes to reach for his toes and hold them, and pull on his socks. 

People have commented that Miio has Troy's eyes. He barely has hair and his eyes are still blue. 

No comments: