Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thank Heaven for Girl Friends

I love being married to Troy and sharing my life with him. However, every once in a while you just need some girl time. So I went to visit "my other red head" in Utah last week. Starla and I were randomly assigned as roommates our Freshman year and we became inseparable right away. Few things have changed from that time; instead of sleeping about 3 feet away each other, we now live in different states. Instead of taking most of the same classes, eating dinners together and asking "what are we doing this weekend", now we compare our nursing classes and chat through gmail chat most of the time. The wonderful thing about good friendships is the fact that no matter how much things change around us the friendship adjusts to those things. So I know we will still be friends when we are old and frail no matter how far away from each we live; however, for purely selfish reasons, I will be recruiting her to Arizona after she graduates because having her around makes life that much better.

Here Starla is enjoying some waffles that got stuck on the waffle maker. 
This is a picture is at a BYU football game on Troy's birthday about a week after Troy and I had met. We were not dating at this point since I had some other commitments at the moment. 

Starla shamelessly pampered me last weekend. We ate at Cafe Rio, Texas Road House,  and a delicious Easter dinner and you know how much I love eating. I also got to watch hours of college basketball:) 

Another upside of going out of town is the realization of how happy I am come home to Troy.  

4 comments:

Starla said...

You are sweet. Just remember. I am the FIRST redhead.

How come I can't click on any of the pictures to enlarge them? I want the waffle picture and I am begging you to take that football picture out. My head looks huge.

Natalie said...

I wanted to click on the group pic of us to enlarge (and save) it and I couldn't either. hmmmm...

Mollie said...

Dang girl I forgot how long and blonde your hair used to be!

Um can I be your third redhead?

The Ensign's said...

Oh my gosh!!! Your hair!!! I've gotten sooo use to you as a burnette.
We need to do a girls night.... I'll start plannin something!