Thursday, May 14, 2009

From One Pile of Books to Another One

So school is over. It was such a nice feeling to take the last final and realize that I wasn't going back in August for more. I know I will miss school eventually and I hope to go back in few years. However, studying is not over for me. Now I get to start studying for the national boards to prove that I know something about being a nurse:) 

These will be my books for the next 4-5 weeks

I also wanted to showcase the amount of books that I had to buy for just nursing school. This doesn't include few research books and ethics books that I gladly sold back the moment I was done with the classes. Also it does not include the books from the 96 credits that I have from Pima and BYU. The average book cost at least 50 bucks, so textbook companies sure have profited from my education:) Troy has refused to sell many of his books back because "he might want to read them later on". I find it interesting since 90% of the time he barely read them when he was actually taking the class;) I kept my nursing books since they are a good reference for later on and I actually have read them over and over again. What does everyone else do with their books?

Now we just hope that all of that information somehow made it to my brain and sticks there until I actually start practicing:)




4 comments:

Janae Ensign said...

...and that's why me and school never got along.
That is WAY too much reading for me.

Mollie said...

Those are some THICK books! I sold most of mine back. There is one that I really, really, REALLY wanted to keep (Molecular Biology of the Cell- holy cow I am a nerd) but it was right before we were getting married and that extra $35 sounded pretty good! Congrats on finishing. What an accomplishment.

Christi said...

Clifton likes to hang on to books too. We have been able to lend them to people who need them...and some of them hold up our desk top computer in our room. I can't think of any other practical uses for them!

Heather said...

Paul is like Troy and likes to keep his, even though he didn't read much out of them during school. I have to admit that I didn't keep many of my books from school, but they hardly have the same practical application that yours do.