Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just Cant Get Enough of Him

Today is the first day that I am completely by myself with our little guy. So far everything is good. I let Troy sleep through the night last night, so when Rölli woke up at 6 am it was his turn to change the diaper so I could get little bit of uninterrupted sleep. I got up at 7 am and fed Rölli. He was alert and awake for a while and then decided to take a nap. Im trying to do some blogging and studying while he is still sleeping.

On a side note, I really think he will be a blond. I do not see any red in his hair. His eyes are really dark blue, so it will be interesting to see what color they turn out to be. He had his first pediatrician appointment yesterday and everything is going well with him. He weighted 7 lbs 9 ozs so he has not lost much weight at all. We survived our first Sunday at church, I breastfed in public WITH a hooder hider for the first time, we have taken few trips to Target without any problems and even tried to go for walk in our stroller. Unfortunately, it was little too hot, which meant that I did not swaddle him and it totally freaked him out to have all the freedom for his arms and legs. He cried for the first 10 minutes of the walk and then finally fell asleep and slept for the next two hours or so. We also had our first diaper blowout yesterday and he has peed on me twice so far:)

He has been sleeping for few hours now and part of me wants to wake him up so I can see his cute little eyes looking at me. Don't worry though, I'm not crazy enough to do that.
He is such an alert little boy. He loves to look around and especially loves to hang out in his bouncer.
He hated his first bath. He screamed the whole time, but calmed down quickly as I started to cuddle him. I love the fact that he loves to be held close.
Troy's first day of work as a "daddy". He called us about an hour later to see how we were doing. I couldn't ask for a sweeter and more loving dad for my little guy.

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

wow you've already gone to church and breastfed in public! You are brave! I always time my trips around his feeding schedule because I'm way too nervous to feed him in public and even carry formula just in case of emergency, lol! I think he looks a lot like Troy but he's a good mix of both of you. Congrats!

Becky and Tyler said...

Lowe loves getting his baths...he only starts to get mad when I take him out and cries until he's fully clothed and picked up. Cuddly babies are the best!

Mimi said...

What are you doing already back at church! Don't you know you are supposed to take at least a few weeks off even if you feel up to it. And Target too - girl you must be feeling good. Just a little outing leaves me exhausted (or maybe it's the 3 other kids I'm chasing). And I agree - I think your little guy will be a blondie.

Chris, Jessica, Mackenzie, & Alison said...

I found some swaddlers for the heat, they are Aden & Anais Muslin Wraps, ( I found them on Amazon) maybe you've already heard of them...I got them this week for our little one. They seem perfect for hot weather. You're doing awesome if your already out and about! Enjoy every minute!

The Ensign's said...

Yeah my mother in law once warned me that once I'm out EVERYONE assumes that you're back to normal.

Mollie said...

Wow I am impressed. But I wouldn't expect anything less. Way to be out and about already! xoxo

Allison said...

Thanks for all of the description of your new life! I know the journaling is mostly for you, but I love hearing about the excitement in your lives right now!

Congratulations again!! You two are going to do awesome. If the lack of sleep catches up soon, just remember it doesn't forever and you actually kind of forget about it.

Oh, and of course, he is beautiful!

Kat Clark said...

I can't believe you are already back at church! Good for you! Isn't it fun getting peed on? Those little boys, they get you every time dangit! What a cutie pants.

Dave and Amanda said...

Who could expect anything less than that from you?

PS: I can't get enough of him either. hehehe

shiloh said...

I love all of the details you are including in your blog. I'm excited to hear more!

radean said...

love the passy! you are doing GREAT.
Can't wait to meet him!