Through a blog, I found out that you could get free Chex Mix at Target with coupons, so Troy and I went there last night. I also had coupons for Cheerios so I wanted to use those. We grabbed two bags of Chex Mix and two boxes of Cheerios and some stuff for Saku (I can never go to Target and not buy something spontaneous). We go to the check-out and I hand my 7 coupons to the cashier.
I'm sure she felt like it was her lucky day; especially, since the coupons were printed from the internet and she could not scan them, instead she had to punch the numbers manually. We took a quite bit longer than the average customer, but I wanted to save few dollars. So she tells me the total and I swipe my card and the transaction is over. However, the total seemed higher than it should be.
So I review the receipt and realized that instead of getting a dollar off with my two 50 cent coupons, she made me pay a dollar for the coupons. Seriously?? And also another one dollar coupon was missing. So we head over to the customer service desk and I explain the situation. The customer service lady agrees with me and takes me back to the register where I checked out.
Yes, the cashier was very happy to see me again. And it seriously took 10 minutes to get my three dollars back. You might think that all this hassle for three dollars wouldn't be worth it. There are few reasons why I went back. First, I wasn't going to buy the Chex Mix bags, I just wanted them because they were free. Second, I wouldn't even be that mad if I didn't get the 50 cents off (a dollar combined with two coupons), but I sure did not want to pay for the coupons. Third, I am determined to save money. So I got two 18 oz boxes of Cheerios for four dollars(saved three dollars) and two bags of Chex Mix for free(well for 20 cents because of the tax).
Personally this is a big step for me. Usually, I make Troy do the talking, calling and demanding of things. This time I was an independent woman and I wanted my three dollars back.
Would you have gone back for those three dollars??
6 comments:
Yeah I have been trying to use cupons more lately as well. It is hard/embarassing sometimes. And I feel like they are ususally invalid for some reason or another so you can use them in the end anyway. But good for you for sticking with it. I would have just let it slide for sure.
Too funny. I would have gone back, too, only because she charged me for the coupons.
Speaking as someone who has experience behind the register as well as in front of it, I give you great kudos for going back. That cashier should have caught their mistake, so even if they were a little annoyed, they should be reminded to pay better attention to their work.
Of course! I would have done the exact same thing! Good for you.
Way to go Eevi. I AM impressed. You took full control of that situation. I'm proud. I'm sure Troy was too. Maybe next time you can make to call to Victoria Secret! =)
Nice going Eevi! I would totally have done the same thing. I've done it for less actually! Your little baby is so cute.
Post a Comment