Friday, February 19, 2010

Eight Months-Enormously Fun

Saku is eight months old. While life has been more than crazy in the last few weeks, I want to make sure to write down few things about this little boy because he just
gets better and better with each day.

Saku's eight month of life brought few fun experiences for him.

For a week, Saku got to experience what life would be like if he had an older brother. My dear friend Heather(and her hubby) and their son James stayed with us while they looked for a house.

James and Saku are 14 months apart and Saku obviously does not know how to play yet. However, he would get excited to see James in the morning and would crawl toward the bedroom where James was sleeping if he would hear James making noise.

I loved hearing James call for Saku and the boys shared the toys, binkys and the crib (not for sleeping) happily.
Saku also took his first driving lesson as we were stuck on I-10 in Phoenix after an incident of a flat tire. I was rather flustered as the semis drove 75 miles an hour passed us, but Saku loved the opportunity of crawling in the car and checking out the passing cars.
Saku gets more enjoyment out of playing with his binky than actually sucking it. He still uses it for comfort, but most of the time, he likes to be silly with it. He has figured out how to put his finger inside the sucking part and he loves to offer his binky to you. Actually he loves to offer everything and anything for you to put in your mouth and this silly mom often does put things in her mouth.
Look at this face! Even after eight months of having him in our home, I keep thinking "how in the world did I get to be so blessed to have him in my home and as a part of my eternal family".

Saku is very mobile. He crawls fast and crawls everywhere. He loves to crawl to the bathroom and stand up against the bath tub. He has learned to go down from standing up and his latest "trick" is standing in the tub and sitting down which creates a nice, big splash. Mom is not a fan of standing in the tub, but daddy thinks it's OK.

Saku can stand on his own pretty well. Sometimes he is holding onto something and just lets go and stands there on his own. He is very daring, which results in bumps here and there. His last adventure has been going down a slide in the park.

He finally got his first tooth few weeks ago, which makes his smile even more adorable.

Our first week of two working parents has gone well; however, I can't wait to be done with my day classes and be home with Saku during the day. Life is way too crazy when both of us are gone during the day. Heather has been an answer to prayers as she would come to our house and watch Saku while I was at work.

Saku, I love you. I could say it million times every day and it still wouldn't adequately express how blessed I feel to be your mother.

3 comments:

Brittany Cornett said...

that flat tire sounds scarry. I know your race is coming up. Good luck!

Kat Clark said...

I love the binky shot. He is so darling Eevi. I'm glad your job is going well.

Unknown said...

oh no! was troy with you when you got the flat? i hope so, though if he wasnt you are suck a rock star i bet you can change your own tire. i love those pictures of him in the car, he is so precious.