I am a hard worker and I hate to be late to things, yet I always leave at the last minute. During college, there were so many mornings/afternoons when I was almost sprinting across the campus to make it to class on time. It was qu.
If I happen to get to work early as in 5-10 minutes before I have to be there, the next morning I leave about 5 minutes later and end up praying for green lights as I make my way to work.
The fact that I have to get myself and Saku ready when we go to places has not helped my habit of barely making it on time. I try to be organized and get the diaper bag ready, figure out his clothing and food the night before and wake up little earlier to get myself ready. Yet I can never do this more than few days in a row.
On Thursday morning, I was getting ready for work and I had about 10 minutes before I had to leave. My hair was still wet and Saku's essentials weren't packed. Yet I wanted to make my hair look little better so I was working with a blow dryer and a round brush. While I was getting my hair done, I was trying to feed Saku some oatmeal. He started to whine, so I wrapped bunch of my hair around the brush and made it stick to my head when I held the blow dryer close to it and picked up Saku. Saku was happy and we made few silly faces to each other while the blow dryer was working its magic on my hair. And then the smell of burned something appeared. I had put the blow dryer too close to my hair and it seriously burned my hair. About three inches of my hair fell off and it was charred.
Since I was late, I quickly dried of the rest of my hair without any fancy brushing. I unplugged the blow dryer and left the burned hair in the sink.
By some miracle, I was able to drop Saku off to Camry's house safely and make it work on time.
How are you about getting to places on time?
6 comments:
oh, we don't get anywhere on yime. I'm such a flake!
Oh no! Sorry about the hair! Even when I think we will be on time, there is always some emergency - stinky diaper, forgot something...etc.I think it's just a new mom thing! We start getting ready at least an hour before we actually need to get anywhere important!
Time is not on our side either. Church is the worst for us, no matter the time. Funny how that works. Now I wake up 2 hours before just to give us hope.
oh your poo hair!
Yikes! I'm just impressed that you attempted to feed Saku and blow dry your hair at the same time! Hope you're hair is okay.
And I can't make it on time to anything these days. It's just a fact of motherhood!
Ok not to be a stinker but whoever Ash and Jon are, their comment was funny. I'm sure she meant your poor hair but she forgot the r. And thinking about the smell of burning hair, maybe you did kind of have poo hair in a way. Haha! I am cracking myself up right now.
Post a Comment