Sunday, March 21, 2010

One Step at a Time

In the last few days, Troy and I have been one of those annoying, excited first time parents about Saku's new trick. No, we do not think that he is a super baby or a genius, BUT we are excited about his increased mobility. And I am not ashamed of it:) You only get to experience your first baby's first steps once, so let me cherish them. The best part is the huge smile Saku has on his face as he walks. He is so proud of himself. He also was playing with a little girl during Sunday School today. He would crawl and she would chase him. Then he would stop and she would walk away and he would chase her. Let's be honest, I was much more engaged in my son's adorable play than the lesson. I will try to pay more attention next Sunday. Of course, the fact that I worked a 12 hour shift the night before doesn't help my ability to concentrate , but that will be a norm for me so I better just get used to it.

Saku's walking at 9 months. Don't you wish you could have him walking towards you and give him a big kiss?

11 comments:

Christi Pobst said...

congrats congrats congrats!

We are still working on rolling over! Lets be honest here, I do way more paying attention to Westin then I do to the lesson. He is just too cute not to!

H.Cook said...

wow, he's an early walker! congrats and good luck!

Chelsea said...

Wow that's awesome!

shiloh said...

I barely listened in Sunday School because I was much more interested in the 6 babies who were playing together at my feet in the back. :)
One of my favorite parts of the video was how Saku was wearing one sock, a sweater, and no pants. Loved it! Congrats on the milestone!

Ashley said...

Yea! for Saku!

Dani said...

Way to go Saku!! Such a big boy! I love the music in the background of the video :)

hanne said...

Wau! Matias on nyt vasta kaks viikkoo sitten alkanut kaveleen noin hienosti kun Saku...kylla se on hienoo seurata kun ne on niin innoissaan paastessaan liikkeelle ja Matiaskin koko ajan harjottelee tuelta seuraavalle.

Bridget said...

Good boy! He is so cute. Good luck with that!

Camille said...

Congratulations! He is so brave and should be proud of himself. 9 months is amazing!

Unknown said...

hah i love that kid, he is looking more and more steady!

Kat Clark said...

So cute! So awesome! What a stud!! I love how he holds his arms up so high. It's like you are still holding his hands and helping him walk. Love it!