Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Magic of Ordinary Days

Yesterday was a great.

I woke up at 6 and made sour cream pancakes for breakfast. We actually ate breakfast as a family, which doesn't happen too often on weekdays.

In the morning, we went to a playdate/Kendra's baby shower. I chatted with fabulous girls while Saku played. And there was tons of delicious snacks and food.

Both kids took great afternoon naps, so I cleaned and ran on our new treadmill. It was my very first treadmill run ever. It went smoothly and I enjoyed the fact that I was working out while the kids slept. It felt different than running outside and my feet are little sore today. It must be the different way that my feet strike the ground.


While dinner was in the making, we hung out outside and enjoyed the shade on our patio. Ironically, Eerika loves to sit in the 20 bucks umbrella stroller from Walmart where as she cries bloody murder when I put her in the nice stroller.

The kids are too young to really play together, but I can tell that Eerika is just in awe of Saku. She will look at him and smile and smile even bigger when he responds to her.


Honestly, I cannot get enough of this little girl. Except when she is about to go sleep and when she is hungry, she is always smiling.

This is not Saku's usual smile, but I am glad I captured it anyways. He was happy to have the whole family outside with him.
Troy got a smoker for Christmas from dad and Paula. We got some salmon from Costco and tried it out. It was so delicious. Saku ate tons of it, which is amazing since he isn't that interested in food. I think we will be eating much more of it this summer.


I love the days that are ordinary, yet they make you feel so happy and blessed by the end of the day.

2 comments:

Jesse and Camry said...

I love days like that! So normal, but yet to good! I haven't had one in awhile, maybe I can borrow yours?? : )

Unknown said...

she is looking so much like saku! oh my goodness. and so much chubbier than last time i saw her ;). I know, isnt it nice to workout while the kids are asleep. And watch a movie at the same time. IN AIR CONDITIONING. tredmils rock.