Saku is absolutely hilarious nowadays. So here are few instances to record that have left us laughing, and amazed.
The other day, we went to our park and saw a girl with a puppy. She came up to Saku and asked if he would like to pet the puppy. Saku likes to introduce us when he meets new people. So he promptly pointed at me and said "mommy", which was little strange since he always calls me äiti. Then he pointed at Troy and said "ummm.... hmmmm... Troy". Nope, not isi or even dad or daddy, just Troy. Troy said it made him feel like he was my boyfriend and not the husband or the father.
Saku recognizes my running clothes and tells us "äiti juoksee". Mom runs. It makes me happy to know that he is aware of my running routine. And nothing makes me feel better than hearing him cheer for me "go äiti".
Today I got dressed after my afternoon workout and Saku was watching Yo Gabba Gabba on the bed. He looked up and said "ohh äiti on kaunis". (mom is beautiful". Needless to say I felt like million bucks and gave him a huge hug and a kiss.
Saku is fascinated with poop. After a diaper change, he noticed how much poop there was. He first said "iso kakka" (big poop), then "norsu kakka" (elephant poop) and then "Shamu kakka" (as in the killer whale Shamu poop.) I was amazed that he knew to compare the size and accurately went bigger and bigger with his comparisons.
At Brian and Alia's house, Troy was going to show Brian's motorcycle to Saku since Saku is obsessed and in love with motorcycles. They were on the way to the garage when Troy checked if he would want to sit on the motorcycle and Saku said "yes" and then few seconds later said "never mind" and turned around to get back to playing with Cameron.
As we left Camille's house last Friday, I opened the passenger window on Saku's side so he could say and wave good bye to Trevor and Haley. Saku liked it so much that we ended up flipping an U so he could wave and yell goodbye again. It makes me very happy to see him liking his friend and getting attached to them in a two year old way.
Few months ago, we would joke around with Saku and say "guess what?" "chicken butt", but he never really caught onto it. Then randomly few days ago, he asked me "guess what?" and when I said "what?", he answered "chicken butt".
He can also finish the sentences for I am a child of God and the BYU fight song.
I know every parent feels this way, but we sure feel like our boy is a very intelligent and funny.
Saku, thanks for making our daily lives so fun and interesting.
3 comments:
its so good to record those things so you dont forget. i need to be better about that.
I like the poop comparisons but I am a sucker for potty humor. Hes so cute and I love that he is so proud of his mommy.
I'm glad you wrote about waving goodbye, I remember wondering why you circled back. :) That's funny he knows the BYU fight song. We taught Trevor how to sing Bear Down when he was little too. Gotta teach 'em young!
Post a Comment