Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lightening things up

It is so fun to see the different little things and personality traits that our children have. When Saku does something clever, mischievous or naughty, while I might be proud, impressed, baffled, or just plain mad, I am not that surprised with him.

Maybe due to Eerika's younger age and the fact that I just don't "know" her as well yet, her little antics can surprise me.

Today I put her down for a nap, which has been a huge battle due to a cold and I think she has realized that she could just play instead of nap, and I heard her talking in the room. She might cry when I put down for a nap, but this "talking" business was new. Through the baby monitor, it also sounded like she was moving around in the crib a lot, so I decided to check up on her.

And I found this.

She had pulled down the black out curtains and towels that cover the windows. Suddenly she wasn't so upset about hanging out in the crib. I love that she is aware of her surroundings and that she took her time to pull down those towels and curtains down. She was promptly moved to a pack-n-play in our room and she was not happy about it.

The poor girl doesn't have her own room. She sleeps in the guest bedroom. Or should I say that our guest sleep in Eerika's bedroom?

I meant to decorate the room, but now we are hoping to move into a new house so I won't be spending my money or time on that room. At least, she doesn't sleep in our walk-in closet or the bathroom anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My nephew Elliot sleeps in a sleeping bag in their coat closet...you gotta do waht you gotta do!