The kids and Troy left Friday morning. For the first half an hour, I kept rushing around the house to do things and then I realized that I didn't have to do that. I would have 48 hours to myself.
And then I promptly grabbed the newest John Grisham novel and parked myself on the couch for the next 45 minutes.
Friday was my "get stuff done" day. And I did get a lot of stuff done. I climbed up to our attic space and got Christmas decorations out. Kitchen cabinets and refrigerator got scrubbed and organized. Our rooms got cleaned and papers were organized. I had Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch and pannukakku for dinner with a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
I watched Sarah's Key. I watched the entire movie while I sat on the couch. I always, and I mean always, multitask when I watch TV shows or movies. So for once, I just sat there and watched it. It was a great movie. No, I take it back. I didn't just watch it. I painted my nails-fingers and toes. As I went to bed, I texted Troy that I missed him but I was beyond excited about the uninterrupted sleep ahead of me.
Saturday started as I woke up at 9:20 after 11 hours of sleep. Then I proceeded to read in bed. I have slept in at times when Troy takes care of the kids, but this was guiltless sleeping. I spent few hours of doing something that I can't even remember and then I left for my day out.


I got dressed up in my skinny jeans, boots, and a new hat. I had my fake Coach bag that only had things that I needed. I got to drive while listening to my music.
I went to Bookman's and scored books for the kids, checked out Buffalo Exchange and came home with a new dress and found two more books and a toy for Eerika at Little Traders. Yes, I hit up all the thrift stores and I loved all the things I found and how little I spent. It was so effortless to just walk around and look at things.
Then I ate lunch at Beyond Bread as I read my book and enjoyed my sandwich and a cookie. I was able to take all the time I wanted and needed.
I dropped off donations at DI.
I stopped to buy a new lipstick that looks awesome on me.
All these stops that were so easy because I just had to get out and lock the car and walk away.
And then the highlight of the weekend, I watched Justin Bieber-Never Say Never. It was pretty much the only thing that redbox had that wasn't R rated, but I am not gonna lie, it was entertaining to watch while I wrapped Christmas presents and finished cleaning the house.
Troy doesn't enjoy blog posts that are pretty much just details of what happened. However, this was my weekend and I want to remember what I did and how relaxed and happy I was. I wasn't any happier because I was on my own, but I feel so re-energized. I can't wait to see the kids and Troy in 20 minutes or so.
Thank you Troy for this amazing opportunity to take time for myself. This is the best gift that I could get. I feel like million bucks.
Most of all though, I am beyond happy that I have my little family.
5 comments:
hurray!!!!!!
Hooray! Sounds like you had a great time. And is admirable that you cleaned the house and got so many family things during your alone time. I may have saved the cleaning and Christmas-ing and spent the whole day reading and watching movies!
So jealous!!! But I'm so happy for you.
AWESOME. I love that feeling of getting out of the car and just locking it. It's amazing. I'm glad you understand that feeling, too!
Good for you! Sounds rejuvinating...
Post a Comment