Eerika is so full of life. She makes noise all the time. She makes loud noises that make it sound as if she would be angry, but she really isn't most of the time. Her cry is loud and she can utilize it well if Saku makes her mad or she doesn't want to go to sleep.
She bites. When she gets mad, she goes in for the kill. Few times, it has been her own shirt or a doll that she bites into. Once it was Saku's cheek. Needless to say, we have started time outs. Sometimes she also refuses to say "sorry" so we need to put her in a time out to remind her about the importance of apologizing.
She refuses to use words. She can sign certain things but she doesn't like it. I feel responsible for not insisting that she uses words more or being more diligent with sign language. However, I am not really worried, it would just make life easier if our communication would progress from grunting and pointing to some words.
She sleeps through the night...in the pack-n-play in our guest room closet. She has a room of her own but sleeps better in the closet, so that is h sleeping quarter for now. She still takes two naps. I thought she was ready to just do one, but she gets too cranky so we stick to two naps on most days.
Most of the time, her hair is out of control and her face is dirty. What a wild child. But she has the most beautiful eyes. I feel like pictures never capture her beauty.
She can point to her head, hair, nose, ears, fingers, belly button and toes. After I painted her toes for the first time, she kept pointing at them again and again. I think the pink color was quite a shock for her.
She loves her dolls. She kisses them, hugs them, wraps them in blanket sand carries them around the house. It is so adorable.
She loves Saku. She loves trying do whatever he is doing. Past few days, she has gotten really into giving him hugs, but he isn't really excited about the affection.
She is a silly girl. She can tell when we think she is funny and she starts to perform. She also thinks she is quite cute and if we say that she is beautiful, she happily points herself. Oh and she can climb all the way to the top of a ladder by herself. And she thinks it is funny to jump into the hot tub.
She loves being outside. She loves digging in the dirt. She loves our cheap 10 dollar stroller and despises sitting in the fancy stroller. Go figure. She wishes she could ride Saku's tricycle.
| While Eerika isn't cuddly, she likes to sit on your lap, give you hugs and climb all over you. |
| Saku was photographer as we played in the sun. |
I really love this age. She is still innocent and sweet most of the time while we can play and have fun together.
2 comments:
Wow- reading this and looking at the pictures kinda made my heart sad! She's gotten SO big! It's been far too long since I've had Grossarth time. I'm serious... I miss you guys!
Love your blogs beasty- so darling!
She is getting so big. I see your mom in her face. It makes me smile! Love you.
Post a Comment