Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spoiled

There are days that I feel spoiled to be a stay at home mom with these beautiful kids. And there are plenty of days when it is hard hard work, but let me tell you about today's awesomeness.

I woke up at 6 am and went for a six mile run. I came home to a hot breakfast cooked by my hubby. Eerika was up and enjoying all the attention she was getting from both parents. We ate breakfast together and woke Saku up because he gets upset if Troy leaves without saying bye.

Eerika and I took a shower while Saku played puzzles on the iPad. We got dressed, cleaned up the house a bit and got ready for our library story time.

We get to the library and Saku listens to all the stories and sings the songs. Eerika snuggles next to me the whole time. We check out 16 new books; four for me and one for Eerika and 11 for Saku.  The highlight is the fact that we found The Very Quiet Cricket, which Saku loves but I thought that there was no way that it would be available at this small library branch. 

Our lunch takes place at Old McDonald's where we consume an unhealthy cheese burger lunch with Dr. Pepper since it is Saku's favorite. 

A quick trip to Frys to pick up few necessities and we head home.

Eerika falls asleep in the car while Saku and I sing primary songs in Finnish.

Eerika keeps sleeping in her bed while Saku and I read through all of his new books.

A load of laundry is done at some point. 

We attempt to take a nap; Saku puts up enough fight that I decide that it is not a battle that I care enough about today.

Saku plays while I start making dinner. 

Eerika wakes up, and the kids play together outside without any major fights.

We leave to go swimming. Yes, we have started the swimming season here.

We spend two hours at the pool. Eerika and I spend more time in the hot tub while Saku swims around with his floaties and enjoys hanging out with his friend.

We come home and put dinner in the oven. Troy comes home and we eat dinner together. 

Both kids are tired so we decide to do an early bed time. 

There wasn't much about the day that I did for me. I didn't sit on my butt and surf the internet or watch TV. I didn't read my favorite book. I didn't eat a nice restaurant for lunch.
I was constantly doing something for the kids, except that cheeseburger for me, or something for our family. However, I feel spoiled that I get to set the schedule for our day. I get to choose the activities that we do. And I get to spend the time with these two beautiful children.

This day was Thursday March 29th, 2012. 

2 comments:

Jesse and Camry said...

Those kind of days are always so nice! It sounds like you are in a good spot right now with the kids... enjoy it while it lasts, because surely you will need the memory to get you through the next rough stage!

Unknown said...

You are a blogging machine! I cant keep up. Sounds like a pleasant day, we had one of those yesterday. Today not so much. i want to come swimming in your warm pool!