Thursday, July 5, 2012

Can I have Three Birthdays?

Saku's 3rd birthday happened to be on the same Sunday as Father's Day this year. I find very fitting since Saku's favorite thing in the world is his isi. 

Since we have an eight o'clock church, we didn't do our tradition of waking the birthday person up with a breakfast and presents in bed; instead, we gave Saku a sippy cup full of chocolate milk. Chocolate milk is also one of his very favorite things. 

Unfortunately, I was not able to capture his smile as we sang "Happy Birthday" and "Paljon Onnea" to wake him up. He looked so happy. 

He snuck into our bed around 6 am that morning. 




Miss Eerika was wearing her pretty dress as she wished Saku happy birthday.


Saku's answer to the question "how old are you?" while enjoying his chocolate milk.

Church wasn't much of a celebration for him as he struggled in nursery and cried most of the time.  It was sort of heart breaking to have him be so sad on his birthday.


Saku was happy with his presents. He got pool toys, a matching game and bubbles from us and an awesome shark camping chair from grandma.




We also got to facetime with Ukki and Mummi and Aino-täti.

We also had to have a time out in his room and Saku, being the clever kid that he is, was crying "It's my birthday. Äiti is not being nice to me on my birthday."


Our celebration dinner was smoked salmon and herbed potatoes. Saku loves salmon.




Saku got to blow off his celebratory candles off a volcano cake. Since we aren't huge fans of cake, we made a brownie cake and used whipped cream instead of frosting. Saku loved it and didn't mind that the lava was pink.



Saku is contemplating the life of a three year old. 
Troy was the master artist for the volcano cake. 

We love our big three year old!


I could say that I can't believe that I have a three year old, but as I am around him and listen to him,  he is without a doubt a big boy!



No comments: