Friday, August 2, 2013

A Friend who Aspires

This is a woman who I adore and respect in so many ways.  

I love being around Lotta. I have always loved being around her. When I walked into her house, she was making letut while her seven kids were playing around. The two youngest (2.5 and 1.5 years) were sitting by her next to the stove. You can just feel the happiness and love in the house. She is expecting her 8th baby in less than a month.  Jope starts his third year of med school five days after the due date in Helsinki, which is 1.5 hours away from their home. When I asked if anyone was coming to help her, she said "no, the older kids are great at helping".  It seems like having seven kids is not so hard, yet she doesnt do this by pretending that it is easy. It just seems natural to her. It is amazing. I will think of her when we are blessed with our third child.


I dont aspire to have her life.  We live in different ways, but I do aspire to have her beautiful perspective on life and a constant positive attitude. When they say that home is supposed to be a piece of heaven, I think she is exactly creating that in her home.

No comments: