When the alarm went off this morning at 6:30, I did not get out of bed. Troy had left to work at 5:30. He is quite amazing about getting up and going.
About forty minutes later, I felt a little head on my shoulder. It was Eerika. Saku had already been snoring next to me for few hours. On most nights he finds his way into our bed. He climbs in between Troy and I, and we don't even wake up to it.
Sometimes it really is hard to get started on a Monday. I have come to realize that I need to interact with people to feel like myself. I don't think I am needy but I need to have a real human connection, outside of my kids. So to get my emotional and mental batteries charged, we headed to our neighborhood park where some of my friends get together and walk while kids play.
Eerika was not feeling good. She wouldn't let me put her down so I ended up holding her while Saku played for a bit. I got to talk to Brittny and sure enough, that conversation gave me the boost that I needed for the rest of the day.
We have discovered an awesome skateboard park in Rita Ranch. Saku loves going there with his Razor and doing tricks. My favorite part about the park is the fact that Saku has fallen multiple times, he has cried and each timed he has wanted to continue to try new tricks. It shows such growth in him to not give up. It has also made me aware that maybe a broken bone or two wont be that far away in the future. Each time he falls and really does seem to get hurt, I am checking to see that nothing snapped. He even bit his lip and had blood in his mouth, but through his sobs he said "I don't want to go".
Eerika continued to feel crappy and took a nap on my lap. Since I was holding Eerika the whole morning, I do not have any pictures of Saku's scooter skills. However, I did take pictures of our fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa.
We do not take many pictures with Grandma and Grandpa. So I was happy to get these shots of the kids and them at the Phoenix Botanical Garden. The kids and grandparents have gotten a lot more affectionate over the past year and it makes me really happy. And I am sure it makes Troy even happier.
There was a special Chihuly (glass art) exhibition there. I was not aware how huge the place was and ended up carrying Eerika quite a bit.
The main reason for our trip to Phoenix was the Gilbert Temple open house. The kids are used to us going to the temple, but they don't get to go inside with us. So it was special for them to come with us and see what the temple looked like. Saku made multiple insightful comments such as "I want to get married here", "I feel close to Jesus", and "this is pretty like heaven".
I honestly felt a bit rushed through the tour, and I had expected to get more information about the temple instead of a silent tour. However, it was a special experience for the kids and I am looking forward to having a temple only two miles away from Trent and Regina so baby sitting will be easier.
Sometimes it really is hard to get started on a Monday. I have come to realize that I need to interact with people to feel like myself. I don't think I am needy but I need to have a real human connection, outside of my kids. So to get my emotional and mental batteries charged, we headed to our neighborhood park where some of my friends get together and walk while kids play.
Eerika was not feeling good. She wouldn't let me put her down so I ended up holding her while Saku played for a bit. I got to talk to Brittny and sure enough, that conversation gave me the boost that I needed for the rest of the day.
We have discovered an awesome skateboard park in Rita Ranch. Saku loves going there with his Razor and doing tricks. My favorite part about the park is the fact that Saku has fallen multiple times, he has cried and each timed he has wanted to continue to try new tricks. It shows such growth in him to not give up. It has also made me aware that maybe a broken bone or two wont be that far away in the future. Each time he falls and really does seem to get hurt, I am checking to see that nothing snapped. He even bit his lip and had blood in his mouth, but through his sobs he said "I don't want to go".
Eerika continued to feel crappy and took a nap on my lap. Since I was holding Eerika the whole morning, I do not have any pictures of Saku's scooter skills. However, I did take pictures of our fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa.
We do not take many pictures with Grandma and Grandpa. So I was happy to get these shots of the kids and them at the Phoenix Botanical Garden. The kids and grandparents have gotten a lot more affectionate over the past year and it makes me really happy. And I am sure it makes Troy even happier.
There was a special Chihuly (glass art) exhibition there. I was not aware how huge the place was and ended up carrying Eerika quite a bit.
![]() |
| The artist mentioned doing some of his work in Finland and had found some of his inspiration in the rivers of Finland. |
![]() |
| Some giant Saguaro cacti! |
![]() |
| Add caption |
The main reason for our trip to Phoenix was the Gilbert Temple open house. The kids are used to us going to the temple, but they don't get to go inside with us. So it was special for them to come with us and see what the temple looked like. Saku made multiple insightful comments such as "I want to get married here", "I feel close to Jesus", and "this is pretty like heaven".
I honestly felt a bit rushed through the tour, and I had expected to get more information about the temple instead of a silent tour. However, it was a special experience for the kids and I am looking forward to having a temple only two miles away from Trent and Regina so baby sitting will be easier.








1 comment:
Westin loves the skatepark we go to one by my moms in Glendale but I haven't found a good one out here yet. He thinks when the other guys there do their tricks and fall the falling is part of their trick. So he practices his "tricks" complete with falling.
Post a Comment