Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Today was a no nap and no quiet time day.  And it was a great day. 

After lunch, the kids decided to want to do art as Saku called it. For the next hour and a half, they took turns with play dough, water colors and foam stickers while I talked with them, organized a kitchen cabinet and reserved books from the library. 

Eerika's favorite game is playing house when I am the child and she is the mom and Saku is the dad. Saku goes to work in his room where he builds legos and I do whatever Eerika wants me to do. She loves to pretend and she is quite good at it, it just that each "activity" last about 30 seconds, so the game is little intense. 

Saku loves his legos. He is so good at building with them. Yesterday we built walkie talkies out of them and had a great time pretending to be spies. 

Tonight I made delicious cheesy taco soup for dinner and green smoothies. Eerika says "I don't like that" to anything that is not pb&j sandwich or mac-n-cheese before she even tries it. I was very happy that she ate bunch of the soup with ground beef and black beans. My kids think that tomatoes are poison and go hysterical if I try to feed them those so I ended up eating their tomatoes. I loved the fact that they were "washing down" their soup with a spinach, blueberry, pineapple and banana smoothie. Saku asked if we could have it every day.

After dinner we had a game of soccer while Eerika wanted me to be her child. She loves the word "child" and often addresses me as "child" when we are playing. 

I also survived another day of teaching joy school. Still not my favorite thing in the world but I am learning to make it fun for the kids and myself. In the end of the class, we had a good time spelling out simple words such as "cat, hat, mat" and few of the kids, including Saku could do it.

Today was a pretty ordinary day. However, the fun times with the kids and the accomplishment of organizing two closets and vacuuming the stairs plus a delicious dinner make this a good day.

Troy went straight from work to scouts. He works so hard for those boys. He gets frustrated. He makes sacrifices. I make sacrifices. And I think I am safe to say that he loves it. I am proud of the way he has changed in the past two years as he has served with the scouting program. I hope that Saku will one day have a leader like his isi is now. 

No comments: