Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Your four year old isn't watching movies until 12:30 am?

I feel very content right now. I snuggled our kids as they fell asleep within five minutes of my singing. Because of Eerika's desire to skip a nap and Saku's spontaneous movie night last night, they were both exhausted. 

Troy and I have started a new thing, we take turns of putting kids to bed. We are all together as a family while we read a book or two,  the Book of Mormon and say a family prayer and then one of us stays to tell a story, sing a song and deal with the after math of going to sleep. The kids are sleeping in the same 
room for now and it is going well. 

We have both loved the fact that every other night, we get a break from it. You don't have to look at each other and ask "do you want me to check on it? when you hear a suspicious noise or hear another request for water/whatever else it might be. 

Last night Troy put the kids to bed. And we went to bed at 10:30. Then about 12:30 am, Saku crawls into our bed and says "I have been watching movies and not sleeping". The kids listen to stories on the iPad as they fall asleep. Saku had climbed up the book shelf, which is attached to the wall, and gotten the iPad down. While Eerika slept, he had watched movies on the ipad for several hours. I am thinking that it was the pbs kids app, so nothing inappropriate, BUT seriously, the kid watched movies for hours until the iPad battery died. I was not happy about it at 12:30, but luckily we all went to sleep quickly after this interruption. I say all as Eerika somehow woke up too and came down as Saku came down 

For some reason, he was very sleepy this morning when it was time to wake up for joy school. But it sure made tonight's bed time easy. So there is a silver lining to the absurd event. 

There will be a password installed into that iPad tonight. 

Also if you ever wonder what poop looks like, Eerika can tell you "it is not chocolate". She informed me of this as we were flushing the toilet last week.

Saku is quite observant. Eerika is sassy. She has so much attitude. She is a teenager. It is funny and awful. It is funny afterwards and awful while you are dealing with it. So she was telling Troy in her bossy, not so kind voice "I am not talking to you". As Saku observed this, he said "that's kind of funny because she IS talking to you". 

I have a good book to read as I wait for Troy to get home. Brittny and her kids came over for dinner. I feel new friendships blossoming in my life and I am very grateful for it. I am learning that I might need to be the one to be proactive about getting together with people and as long as I swallow my pride and just do it, I am very blessed with people around me. 


No comments: