I have been looking forward to Saturday all week when my alarm wouldn't go off at 5:55 am and force me out of bed for another morning of getting ready for school. After a bad night of sleep, though I can't specifically point out why I felt like I didn't sleep more than an hour in a row, my body decided to wake up at 5:40. That is even earlier than our school morning wake up call.
We survived our first school week without Troy. Making sure that we were all presentable by 7:05 when we should head out of the door was no joke, but we did it. The 14 mile commute to school twice a day did wear on me a bit, but I tried to make the best out of it by letting Eerika play at the playground after a drop off.
This week was a spirit week at Saku's school. Each day, the kids wore a different theme.
Monday was a pajama day. When I mentioned this to Saku, he seemed nervous. He felt like it was silly to wear pajamas to school. He is a very self aware child and conscious of being different or "weird".
He ended up wearing pajama pants and a regular T-shirt. Once he saw that other kids were wearing pajamas, he was so glad that he had done it. I am glad that he chose to wear the pajamas before he saw that "everyone else was doing it". And for the rest of the week, he was excited to get dressed up.
Tuesday was a Crazy Dress Up Day. I am not crazy or silly person, but I want the kids to be part of the school spirit and have a chance to figure out for themselves if they are the silly/spirited type when it comes to public dressing up. So we went with T-shirt backwards, silly glasses and mismatching socks. Saku ended up also wearing his shorts backwards and he took the soccer sock off because it was too thick for his shoes. So he was one sock man for the day.
Eerika had the playground to herself each morning after the morning whistle. I am not 100% what the school rule is about parents and younger siblings playing at the playground during school hours, but so far we haven't been scolded.
On the Crazy Dress Up Day, Eerika came to school in pajamas and crazy bed head!
Eerika and I still got our naps on most days, though we did skip them on Thursday and Friday as they were half days.
Little Ninja at 32 weeks and 4 days.
Wednesday Saku wore green; even his underwear was green.
For Thursday 9/11, it was a Patriotic Day.
On Friday all the Kindergarten kids wore white. This picture is from the family movie night. Eerika is so not photogenic. She is beautiful girl, but it often doesn't translate in candid pictures.
Saku was happy to see many of his friends at the movie night.










1 comment:
Hienosti pärjäät j ja hyvät asut Sakulla. Maha ja pikku ninja, onko totta:) hurjaa että sulla on kohta 3 lasta, vaikea uskoa kun ollaan niin kaukana. T. Anna
Post a Comment