"I hope she will always be this confident" were Troy's words as he looked at pictures of Eerika from her birthday.
She is confident. She even believes she is right when it is obvious that she isn't, such as 2+2=5, when she really knows that it equals 4 but she wants to contradict you.
She will say things like "Aleksi, here is your beautiful sister" as she refers to herself.
In the world where it can be very difficult to feel good about yourself, I am so glad that she thinks that she is awesome.
Today she was also talking how she is a daughter of God. I loved it.
| No idea why she was posing like this. She has such intense eyes. |
Eerika's birthday happened to me on a Monday. It is our first birthday that is on a school day, so the whole breakfast in bed had to happen before 7 am. I think we walked into her room at 6:40 and initially, I am not sure she was so thrilled about being the birthday girl. Fortunately, she quickly got into the present opening and breakfast eating.
![]() |
| I love these siblings being engaged with each other. Saku was more than happy to open Eerika's presents and Eerika was excited to show her presents to Aleksi. |
| Fruit loops and orange juice was Eerika's choice for breakfast. She ended up eating on the floor because cereal from a tray on your lap in her bed for a four year old sounds a bit messy. |
Her dinner choice was Mac-N-Cheese so I made a Pioneer Woman recipe. She will have her Pink and Sparkly Birthday party on Saturday.
Even today, the day after her birthday, she said that she should get to choose who said prayers because "I am the birthday girl". I told her that I would let her do it today, but she wasn't going to be a birthday girl every day.
Her favorite present was pink ballet slippers from Saku. She also got Hello Kitty nail polish set, a sparkly box to put treasures in, dry erase markers, stamps and two of my old Barbie men: John Smith and Prince Charming.
Troy and I have decided that Eerika has a lot of Troy in her, which is great because Troy is assertive and confident and we want a girl like that.




No comments:
Post a Comment