We survived two weeks of sickness. We have never had anything like this.
Eerika had her last day of Pre-K today. She got to the leader and do show and tell. She took a treasure box that she had made with Grandma yesterday. She took Goldfish and marshmallows and fruit snacks. There is a girl, Piper, in her class who has a milk allergy. Last time Eerika wanted to be so conscious of Piper and wanted to make sure that she could have whatever the snack was. I made a mistake and made pumpkin cookies with milk. Eerika was so sad. SO this time, I made sure that there were original gold fish that don't have milk so she could have the same snack as everyone else. After the program at the school, Piper's mom came up to me and tearfully thanked me for including Piper in the snack. It was pretty awesome experience, not because it showed anything about me but just the reminder that little things make a difference.
Luke has been Eerika's most talked about friend. He is sort of a crazy kid, but he draws people to him. He loves to joke about hair and diapers; you know the typical boy stuff without being inappropriate.
I bought this dress for Eerika the day before her last day and I love it. Something about it's simplicity just compliments Eerika. She also rocks the high bun look.
Eerika enjoyed playing with Reagan at school.
Mrs. Morton and Mrs. McDonald were so personally engaged with each student. This picture sums up Eerika's love for school, friends and her teachers.
Troy was so sweet and wanted to share Eerika's last day. He ended up being five minutes late and missed Eerika's spotlight moment. But the fact that he shows up for these types of events, shows his amazing dedication for his kids. I was too busy taking pictures and didn't quite listen carefully enough about the things Mrs. McDonald said about Eerika but I remember she mentioned how Eerika loved school, probably wished that she could do school during the summer, how she is very smart and ready for kindergarten.
Eerika and Piper; I remember seeing an art work from Piper that was about Valentine's Day and I think it said something along the line s "Love is...playing with Eerika".

No comments:
Post a Comment