Friday, May 6, 2016

First Week of May

Life has been busy this week. I don't like the word busy nor do I like being busy. I dont want life to be busy because then the important things get forgotten or overlooked.

Monday was Eerika's last day of gymnastics for a bit. She liked it overall, though she had some tears over how bridges were hard and she would get distracted at times when she was supposed to be working "independently" at a station. However, she learned to do a good bridge and she could climb up the rope all the way to the ceiling.  It was interesting to notice that she had a bit of a hard time doing vault and figuring out how to use the spring board. We would just stay at the gym and watch her practice; sometimes it meant extra screen time for Saku, sometimes I had to entertain Aleksi a lot but overall, the boys did really well. We will see if Eerika is interested in starting up again after the summer.

Saku didn't have piano lessons on Tuesday so we went to park and had a good time enjoying the spring weather. Saku and Troy practiced soccer. Aleksi wandered around doing whatever perked his interest and Eerika used her awesome imagination and played on her own. 

Saku told me today that he had "a sweet life because he got two new video games (free games to the iPhone)" He gets 15 minutes of video game time each day after he has done his homework and piano practice. And then he talks about the planes and battles a lot. I need to learn to get interested in this type of stuff.

The other day he actually put an alarm at 5 am so he could play some storm raiders before school. So both kids were up, dressed and had brushed their teeth just little after 5 am. By 7 am, Eerika started to fall apart and we made a rule that this wouldn't be happening again. Now they have to wait until the sun comes up to get out of bed. It is nice though that they dont always automatically wake us up when they wake up in the morning. 

We went to have lunch with Saku for the first time this year.  It was fun to see him in his school environment. Eerika was excited to be at the school and Aleksi didn't get too frustrated that he couldn't get to the balls. It was a pretty hassle free experience so I will try to do it more next year. It is good to see Saku with his friends and see how the school staff knows him.

Yesterday Eerika had Ivy and Sophie over for a play date while Jess had a PT appointment. Then she went to Grace's birthday party at the park for a bit before heading over to Clara's house for a play date. What a blessing to have so many awesome friends. 

 Because of all this social stuff, Aleksi didn't get down for a nap at his usual time, so I texted Betsy, our neighbor, and she came to sit at our house for 20 minutes so I could pick up the older kids without waking Aleksi up. I am glad that I was bold enough to ask for help and I am so glad that she was able to help out. 

We are so blessed. That is the bottom line. Our house in Tucson doesnt have renters right now. It is occupying a lot of my mental space but I try not to stress over it. I have to keep telling myself that money is just money and this is why we save so we don't have to worry about money when things come up. 

No comments: