Sunday, May 1, 2016

End of April

Past week was full of fun things. 

Saku didn't have school on Wednesday so I took him on a special one-on-one date to bowling and lunch. We had a babysitter come over, and Saku and I enjoyed two hours of being together. We bowled three games; I won two out of three but Saku ended up with the highest score of 112. He did bowl with bumpers. It was funny to see his "cool dude" attitude when he played. He didn't get upset when he missed bins, which was a huge thing. We enjoyed some pizza at Costco and few samples. 

I also gave in and let Saku play one game of car racing at the bowling alley. He was just so interested in it so we spent 50 cents on it. I didn't have two quarters so I had him take my dimes and nickels to the clerk to change into a quarter.  It took me a long time, and I still dont love it, to get used to talking to strangers or asking for information or help, so I am trying to have it be a natural thing for our kids.



Missie organized a girls' night for my birthday. It was so sweet of her to think of me in that way. We went out for dessert at Marigold Cafe and Bakery; it is a French restaurant that everyone seems to love. It was delicious. I had Creme Brulee and brought Raspberry Cheesecake home to share with Troy and the kids. Our party crew included Missie, Nicole, Jess, Saralyn, Kym and myself. Since it was a school night, there were some other scheduling conflicts but I truly felt so blessed to have these girls come and spend the night with me. We stayed half an hour past their closing time. I am looking forward to an excuse to go out there again.


Since things "have" to be equal around here, I ended up taking Eerika on a date on Friday during Saku's soccer practice. We went to Target during the day to choose an art project to do and chose some new nail polish colors. Once the boys left, we painted "Eerika" on wooden letters and painted our fingernails in matching color. Then we dressed in very similar outfits, wore a bun and headed out to get some frozen yogurt. A random woman came up to us and commented how she loved our matching outfits. We also saw Nicole and her family, which was fun. 




 Saku has gotten quite good at chess so it is a fun way for the boys to spend time together. Aleksi has mastered the art of climbing on the stools. Now he even wants to sit on them for meals. This morning I let him eat his fruit loops on it and when I went to get a

No comments: