The weekend with the Aura family was a success. It was easy to be with everyone.
Saku loved playing ball with Kuutti, Sakari and Eero. He went on the row boat with Ben, Troy and Eerika. We grilled makkara in the kota, there was naked swimming (not done by our family), sauna time and lots of chatting.
Troy enjoyed some quiet time by himself as the kids were entertained and I chatted in Finnish with everyone.
Rilla and I talked about mom and it was so good to talk about her. Sometimes you don't quite know how to talk or what to say or how to remember things about mom but Rilla made it very easy going and so nice. She was very close to mom, so it is very meaningful to talk to her because I know she deeply loved mom and knew her in so many levels that I didn't because I was still young and hadn't quite established that mother-daughter adult relationship with her.
It was quite loud with kids and happy conversation. Good food was shared. Troy said that this was the most Finnish experience with food and otherwise that he has had.
We are planning on having Eerika write to Maiju.
The only down side was the mosquitos; they were vicious and hungry.




1 comment:
Hahaha! Looking at Aleksi dangling from your arm in the first photo!!! Hahaha!
Post a Comment