Friday, August 4, 2017

Ukki and Mummi's visit

Dad and Paula's visit for Saku's baptism and and Miio's baby blessing was very short. However, I feel like we really used it well.  

Miio had a rough weekend and cried a lot. However once Monday came around, he settled down and I was able to go to the gym while the kids stayed with dad and Paula. Dad shoveled some rock and mopped the floors. They cleaned the kitchen after each meal. We went out to dinner at Zoup. Dad went to Saku's swim practice and worked on his tan. 

They studied their mission material and took naps.  We went to Fox Run park twice and the kids loved the nature while we chatted. 

I had been stressed out about Miio's crying and it was so nice to feel like I could leave Miio with dad and have dad and Paula hold him and not feel stressed. 

Dad gave me a beautiful blessing. The following things were part of the blessing.

When things are hard, think of all the blessings and gratitude will fill my life and bring the HolyGhost which will give me strength.

Be united with Troy in parenting and in love and nothing in the world will come between us. 

Somehow I can turn to mom and get strength and advice from there.

With challenges, I can find answers to Miio's health or sleep from places that are not usual. 

Knowing the Godly nature of my calling as a mother, vene when I am so tired that life feels empty of spiritual things.

Know that my kids need specific things from me and I am the mother to them. 

I was very sad when they left. I know we will see them but there is a big chance in all of our lives with their calling. 













1 comment:

Allie Berryman said...

Can Eerika talk clearly with what looks like 2 or 3 front teeth missing??? ;)