Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

We took a quick four day trip to Utah. On our way there, we took separate flights because my flight was free and there weren't any "reward seats" on Troy's flight. As Troy landed in Vegas, Saku threw up all over him. Troy got a little body rub from the flight attendant as she tried to clean him up with some club soda. He still smelled terrible until he finally got shower that night.

And as I landed in Salt Lake City, Eerika had a blowout so I had nice poo stains on my pants. I took her pants off and she was only wearing a onesie as we walked through the Salt Lake City airport. It is safe to say that people thought I was a completely incompetent mother as I was not keeping my baby warm. One lady even semi-yelled at me "wrap her up" to which I responded "there is poo everywhere and I need to go and change her". While I can see why people worried about my mothering skills, it still made me very annoyed. Eerika got changed and wrapped up in warm blanket before we exited the airport.

We spent two days in Provo and two days in Park City. It was nice to spend Easter with Troy and my family as well as meet Mio's fiancee Bailey and her family.

If a trip could be described in two words, the words for this trip would be food and driving. We ate so much food over the four days. And unfortunately, we had to do some driving between Provo, Salt Lake City and Park City. Eerika hates the car seat with passion so the car rides were little stressful. On Sunday, we did an Easter lunch with Bailey's family and dinner with Troy's family+Starla.

We also hiked the Y. I carried Eerika all the way. Troy, dad and Mio took turns with Saku. Saku had no fear as he was running down the mountain while squealing with pure joy. Troy and dad went skiing on Monday at Snowbird.


Uncle Mio giving Saku some love.

Saku absolutely loved playing with Makayla.
Makayla 5 and 1/2 years old and Saku 22 months

Saku enjoyed his first Easter egg hunt. I will freely admit that I ate most of his candy.

Makayla was happy to help Saku find eggs that he didn't notice.
The cute couple! While Mio might resent this, it was cute to see how in love he was and how happy they are together.
As you can see, Saku is quite captured by our iPad and iPhone. We bought some puzzle apps and he has mastered them. They are pretty much the only thing that can hold his attention for good 30 minutes or so.

I got to see Starla on Friday and Sunday. We didn't really get to spend quality time together, but it just proved to me that she is one heck of a friend to just hang out with me and witness the slight chaos that I call my life. Starla does such a good job with my kids. She even brought snacks when we went out to dinner.



This is a classic face from Eerika when you talk to her.

As we celebrated Easter, I thought about my mom and how grateful I am for our Savior's sacrifice. The knowledge that He died for us and was resurrected bring such comfort to me because I know that my mom is not just a dead body on the ground but that her spirit lives and one day, she will be united to her body.



2 comments:

Mimi said...

Love your posts. I am excited for your brother and wish Cade and Saku could play sometime. They are both blonde 22 month olds and would love being boys together.

Suzanna said...

Man! I wish I knew you guys were in town. I got into Provo on the 23rd and I am here until the 7th. How long are you going to be in Finland?