
I am 26 years old. It doesn't feel old or young. It honestly seems like a funny number to me. It is sort of an in between age. Nothing exciting, yet nothing too dramatic when it comes to aging. However, my special day was very good. I share this day with two fantastic people: my dad and Saku's sweet girl friend Lyla. Dad and I talked on the phone in the morning and the conversation started with "hey dad, how are you? happy birthday" "i'm good. happy birthday to you, too". Also I read a fantastic running blog at mile posts and her birthday is on the 11th as well. Maybe our shared birthday and the fact that I read her blog daily will help me become faster:)
As a birthday present, I got to sleep until 7:15 when Saku came to wake me up with "happy birthday aiti". We ate delicious raspberry sour cream pancakes as a family and then Troy went to work. In the morning, we attended Lyla's birthday party, which had a fun bug theme. Saku wasn't convinced that it was OK to eat gummy worms that were part of the delicious mud cake. He ended up shoveling real dirt with his spoon and throwing it on his cake since the kids were eating on the patio. I loved that Saku got to play with other kids and I got to hang out with few of my favorite friends. I also got to hold Eerika as she slept. This may sound weird, but while we are home, I feel like she should sleep in her bassinet and I should either play with Saku or get stuff done, so play dates give me a perfect excuse to just hold her while she sleeps. Both of the kids were exhausted after the party and fell asleep in the car.
While the kids slept, I worked out for 30 minutes (P90X work out of plyometrics) and took a nice long shower. These are the little luxuries for a mother.
In the evening, Camille watched the kids while Troy and I went to the Melting Pot. We had the cheddar cheese fondue and Banana Foster, which had white chocolate, cinnamon and bananas. I don't know if there is anything better than dipping things into chocolate.
While the day was pretty low key, it was perfect for me. The phone calls, text messages and facebook messages made me feel loved. Eerika rolled over two consecutive times from her tummy to her back. Saku went to bed without any fighting, which meant that Troy and I got to enjoy few hours of kid free time in the evening. I tried to get him to give me a 26 minute foot massage, but he said it was too long. Troy got me a book by Kara Goucher called Kara Goucher's Running for Women: From First Steps to Marathons, which I'm so excited to read.
My 26th year will be awesome. I am determined to make it so. I might just try to run a marathon (26.2 miles) to celebrate my 26th year. :) Anyone want to join me as my training buddy?
2 comments:
I love that photo of you. You look GORGEOUS... especially for a 26 year old woman!! ;)
Happy birthday! You look great! The marathon is a great idea.
Post a Comment