
There is something truly special about the way our kids and my dad interact. Our kids are social kids but they are definitely attached to us. Often when other people reach out for them or want to hold them, the kids refuse. While I feel like it is normal, I wish more people could see how awesome and fun and loving my kids are. However, the moment my dad came to visit Saku has played with him, given him hugs and spent memorable and special moments with him. Even Eerika lets ukki hold him which is pretty much a miracle. Troy made a comment that felt very inspired as he said "I think it is Heavenly Father's way of showing how much your mom would have loved our kids". It is true. My mom would have loved and spoiled our kids so much. I am grateful that my dad is able to come and spend time with us and have a relationship with our kids.
And Ukki is pretty much hilarious. As Saku and ukki were swinging, Saku was laughing and kept saying "crazy ukki" as ukki was making the swing go from side to side and back and forth.
And it is obviously a whole lot easier for me as ukki reads to Saku or gets Eerika out of the crib and I get a little break. And spending time and helping out with the kids is only a small part of all he has done while he has been here. But all of that deserves another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment