Saturday, January 7, 2012

So I won't Forget

After my dad arrived on Thursday, he made a comment on how much Saku talks. Yes, he does talk a ton. I wanted to write down few of the funny phrases that we have heard lately.

We were at a story time and reading a book about animals moving. The story time lady started reading a page about animals crawling and she asked "who crawls?". Saku answered "Eerika crawls". The story time lady looked little puzzled until I clarified that Saku has just informed her that his little sister crawls. (This happened 3 months ago)

Saku is a sleep talker. He must have inherited that skill from me. This morning, he sort of yells out "I want more books". Another night "I want to take a shower".

He likes to negotiate. He usually shows me two fingers and tells me "five more minutes". He also has picked up the phrase "in a second" so he has started to tell me that he is going to do something "in a second".

If we go away (as in he was left with someone), he tells us "you were too far away. I couldn't reach you." or "I lost you".

Cameron came to play with us and the boys were in the backyard. Saku has been potty training because he doesn't really want a diaper anymore. So we let him be without one and if we are outside, he just wears just pants. So the boys are playing and suddenly we hear "äiti, Cameron stepped on my poop". Alia and I looked at each other and ask "did he say poop" and sure enough, he had pooped, it fell out of his pant leg and landed on the patio and Cameron stepped on it. AWESOME! (We had struggled about pooping in the potty, but since the "stepping on the poop" incident, we have had successful poops in the potty).

After I had showered one day, I was about to get dressed and Saku was next to me and he looks at me with great concentration and then says "äiti, your tissi (boob) looks good". He was so serious. Troy and I about died laughing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

when i was reading this i was thinking "dont forget 'cameron stepped on my poop'" hah and then, there it was. what a crack up.

Jesse and Camry said...

ah, thank you for a good laugh, I seriously needed it!