I ran my first 5K on Saturday. It was a fun walk/run in downtown Tucson. However, I must say that because I am very competitive, I don't know if I will ever do a walk/run again. I am not being snobby or discriminating against people who don't run. I just want to actually run the whole race that I came for.
Since I hadn't done a race likes this before, I didn't realize that if I wanted to run a good race, I should have gotten to the starting line way early. By the time I got myself there, I was in the back in the huge herd of walkers/runners.
Once the race started, it took me about 90 seconds to advance 50 yards and then it took me about another 2 minutes to run .2 miles at 10 minute mile pace. Why? Because there were about 1000 people who were walking in front of me. I am over exaggerating. There were about 2000 people walking/running this race and many of those people were walking or slowly jogging
Finally after 0.25 miles into the race, I had enough room to actually run. After that, I really enjoyed the race and ran a good race, while not a great race. I averaged 8:03, 7:45 and 7:38 for my miles. I had a great finish and felt good after the race. I was part of the Rincon Research company team and wore their navy cotton t-shirt. It got very hot very quickly. Next time, I will skip the cotton t-shirt for something little cooler.
We enjoyed free snacks from Sunflower Market and bought some Hawaiian shaved ice and went to see the Muppets for free at an outdoor theater. The event itself was great and we enjoyed a fun night out as a family.
Incidents with kids (because they just happen everywhere)
Eerika fell down with her chair as she being monkey on it and screamed bloody murder-and you know, my children can really cry bloody murder.
As I was changing Eerika's diaper on the grass, I look over and I see Saku peeing on the cement steps at the lawn area. Awesome! No one said anything so I'm hoping they were focused enough on the movie.
Now I have four days until THE race. I am so excited and nervous about it.
26.2 miles, I am ready for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment